Currently to protect the greens and allow for recovery of damaged areas, the following conditions are to be followed until further notice
- All play will be in east-west direction only;
- The greens have been aerated and sanded, use of older or club bowls is recommended – the sand will scratch newer bowls;
- Rink 8 and part of Rink 7, east-west, are marked by a flagged boundary – this area is closed until further notice to allow green to recover (area marked red on diagram below);
- East-West Rinks 2 to 6 east-are open to play, but green protective mats must be used for all play and practice;
- All play must be inside the outer margins around the green, marked at the corners by pins with flagging tape; (areas marked yellow on diagram, below) – placement of all mats and rakes, and placement of jacks must be inside these margins
- These winter conditions of play will be effect until such time as normal bowling can occur without damage to greens.
Thank you, LHLBC Greens Committee (in formation).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org