How you hold the bowl is important, as it affects how you release the bowl.
Have your middle finger aligned straight and on the center of the running surface.
- The index finger should be on the grip with the third finger comfortably spread to the left of the middle finger.
- No stretching the grip.
- Thumb just supporting the bowl(no gripping) and no higher than the top of the rings.
- Little finger just supporting the bowl and just comfortable.
- Rotate the wrist up, such that you are now cradling the bowl like a bird in the hand.
- No gripping just supporting the bowl.
- Maintain this support posture thru the short backswing and forward swing to delivery.
- The palm should be parallel to the green during the swing.
This is going to feel awkward for a bit, however, it does work. If you hold the bowl with your hand vertical to the green, you have to grip it tightly so that it doesn’t fall out. This desensitizes your fingertips and therefore, you have less feeling and subsequent accuracy.
Release the bowl onto the green right by your left toe. This is the exact bottom of the pendulum swing.